Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Other Half

The other night, I had the hardest time getting Eliana to sleep. She fights sleep in the evenings. I tried playing, changing the diaper, burping, bouncing, swaddling, swaying, walking--even nursing--but nothing worked. Then Merrill came home. As soon as the door opened, Eliana got quiet, looking for Papa as she heard his voice. He picked her up and laid her on the bed. He turned on some music and started singing and playing with her. Shortly after, she fell asleep. Watching Papa play with Eliana made me so happy--and thankful--that I have a partner to help me raise our children. I'm also glad to have a husband whose goal is to become financially free so that he can be home with his family during the day. That will be nice for me and for the kids--to have their papa be there for them anytime.

1 comment:

Eliana Jean Tew